Friday, April 10, 2009

Power failure

At about 2:45 this afternoon something happened to the electricity in North Conway. Most of the village lost power. Once that happens in our office, the network goes down, the phone system dies and very quickly work comes to a halt. So I took this as a realy "Good" Friday and closedthe office early and headed home. Since I had been driving my bike around the past couple of days on top of my car with good intentions of riding it I figured that the early release from work was the perfect opportunity to ride.

The new team Bikeman.com kit had arrived a couple days before so I decided to get all suited up and see how the new knickers and long sleeve jersey fit.

2009 Bikeman.com Kit


Since next Saturday is the Inferno Pentathalon and I have really been slacking or at least letting the weather be a good excuse to keep from riding anything other than hte spinning bike a couple hills were in order. The goal was about an hours ride and 20 miles or so.

Ride Map

Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 1:10:54 3:29 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:10:48 3:29 pace
Distance (mi ) 20.31
Moving Speed (mph) 17.2 avg. 34.9 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,258 / -1,258

Avg. Heart Rate 161 bpm Zone 4.5

Temperature (°F) 55.4°F avg. 55.4°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) WNW 8.6 avg. WNW 9.2 max.


Ride elevation


So it turned out to be a nice ride, a bit over 1,200 feet of clmbing over 20+ miles in a touch over an hour. I was pretty happy with the average speed , but had some pretty good cramping in both calf muscles as I hit the 14 mile mark. Luckily for me the climbing was pretty much over and there was some good descending where I could try to stretch a bit as I could not turn the peddles with any force at that moment.

Once I was back ont he flats the cramps had subsided and I was able to make it home without an issue. THe cramping is a concern as that would be a really bad thing next weekend. Need to solve that problem, hopefully I can get fit in 6 days, ya that should do it.

JJ

No comments: