Friday, April 02, 2010

Bike, where art thou

It's April. It's frickin' nice outside and I'm not out riding, grumble, grumble...

I've been having an interesting later winter/early spring- started with a torqued back that took me out of skiing and riding for a couple/three weeks. I nursed it back to partial health and had a great run of skiing for about two weeks. Was able to get in a bunch of days with K and the kids, a day at Wildcat with Webb, a day for just the adults in my house at Bretton Woods, and then capped it off with a weekend up at Sugarloaf with the family and the family of the notorious JJ. In that two week run the only real issue I had was a very fat head on Saturday morning of the Sugarloaf trick but that was due to some sneaky sneaking of full beer bottles into my hand until 3am by JJ. I'm all better now.

Then came Monday and I was stretching and doing push ups and something in my neck went all wrong. It's Friday now and I still feel like my head may just fall off, which I assume would be bad- although if I shot video of it with my phone and posted it before I blacked out it might make me the next interweb video clip sensation.

I'm wondering if I chaulk this all up to just getting old (if that is the case then getting old sucks), or if I should chaulk it up to being in piss pore shape and that I need to really start taking better care of my body. Hmmmm. I think we all know the answer- it must just be something in the water.

So there is my sob story. I am going to try and duct tape my head securly to my shoulders this weekend and get out for a ride, might even try to drag CA out for a bit and do my best to not showcase any bad influences. Temps are supposed to be in the 80's, so I'm guessing I won't need my winter shoes!

ride on

DEA

No comments: