Monday, September 24, 2007

Great Weekend

This weekend had some great weather, mid 70's and lots of sun. I have had a good string of day riding going back to riding Sticks & Stones at lunch on Friday. Saturday morning I got out with DEA and a few other guys for a ride on Davis Hill. It was a good hour plus but I had to bolt early as I had to get home so the family could head up to Cranmore Mountain for a cancer benefit called Jens Friends Climb Against Cancer. They added a new MTB class to the event this year so I headed out for that with my oldest son D3 for a good ride though some fun terrain.

D3 on Sticks & Stones

Sunday we were planning on riding over in Cedar Creek, but thos plans got shelved and DEA, A1 and I hit the trail at 7AM for some more riding on Davis Hill. We ended up riding for close to 2 hours which was nice. Trails were in nice shape and the air was cool.



Garmin Edge Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 1:51:18 9:29 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:37:05 8:17 pace
Distance (mi ) 11.72
Moving Speed (mph) 7.2 avg. 15.7 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +765 / -762

Avg. Heart Rate 138 bpm Zone 3.3

Temperature (°F) 55.4°F avg. 60.8°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) SE 1.7 avg. SE 3.5 max.





Got a ride in to work this morning and the legs were definately letting me know they are not used to this abuse. This weekend is a trip up to Kingdom Trails for a little camping, beer drinking and a whole lot of riding. Can't wait. KT is supposed to be one of the best places to ride anywhere. We shall see.

JJ

No comments: