Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A night ride

Temps crept up into the 50's yesterday rendering my dreams of getting out for some high speed crust cruising null and void, so I chose instead to grab the bike and lights and headed out for a little over an hour. The funny part was riding around in December, checking out all the holiday lights and being HOT. I didn't think I was over dressed, (on top- long sleeve craft baselayer, craft fleece jersey, sugoi shell) but it wasn't long before the jacket and fleece were unzipped well past the 3/4 mark.

It was a great ride, with only a few surprises. A couple times I found snow and ice in the road when I wasn't quite ready for it- but just as the bike was starting to get away from me I'd end up on clean pavement and it would all come back together.

I'm wondering if that will be the last "warm" ride. Usually this time of year a ride can only last as long as my hands and feet will stay warm- nothing over two hours. We shall see!

I hope everyone is having a good build up to the holidays. I know I need to get shopping here pretty soon!

later,

DEA

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

sweet! watch out for that ice! it bites!