Monday, December 01, 2008

December 1st

The first day of the last month of 2008. Hmmm, can't say I'll be upset when 2008 is behind me! That being said I had a great couple of days as K and I headed over to see PowderJew in Vermont. We hit up Killington for our first turns of the season while PJ hucked steel for a few hours. We then just chilled out in the hot tub and watched HUNDREDS of canadian geese come in and land on the river behind PJ's house. Add to that great food for both dinner and breakfast and it was a good weekend over in the green mountain state.

As far as riding my bike- nothing to speak of since Thanksgiving. It snowed last night, followed by rain so the roads suck at the moment- may be time for the studded tires.

That being said I'm starting to get ready for ski season (after we do the TWAF Holiday Gravel Grinder this weekend)- still looking to be skiing over at Shawnee Peak this winter, so that will be cool to be back at the hill I grew up on. My parents ski there as well (my Dad is there every day, all day) so it will be fun to connect with them on a regular basis.

That's about it at the moment, waiting for my new winter riding shoes to show up- tracking them now- should be here tomorrow. Then at least I'll have toasty feet!

Ok enough out of me- get out and get some fresh air.

later,

dEA

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great time with you Sven!

bluecolnago said...

nice shoes. they have to be much more convenient than neoprene booties. i've been thinking of getting a pair for a couple of years now.... perhaps i'll pull the trigger after you report on them? :)

keep having fun!