Thursday, May 22, 2008

Not really bike related, but...

So Monday I was at work and one of my partners said he had an extra ticket to a baseball game. I checked with the boss(wife) and got clearance to head to the game. We checked out of work around 3pm and started the trek to the ballpark.

Chocorua

We parked the car and as I was getting my stuff together my phone rang.. It was DEA asking if I wanted to go for a ride. I said I would, but I was walking towards Fenway Park in Boston. Its not too often to get an offer for tickets to Fenway to see a Sox game so you take em when you can get em, particulary these seats.

After a quick bite and a few Bass Ales we went inside Fenway and the game started.
Fenway Park, Boston

It was a cool evening with a pretty good breeze. The Sox were playing well and put a few early runs on the board against the KC Royals. In the middle of of the 4th inning I leaned over to my buddy and said, "do you know what's happening?" He looked at me with a look that he knew what I was referring too.





So as the innins went by we saw some great defense and even better pitching by John Lester. As we hit the inth inning and the no-no was in tact everyone was on their feet. It was crazy. I cannot believe I saw it. I was at a No-Hitter. Pretty rare thing to witness. Wow. Not abike ride but a great eveing just the same. See ya on the trails.

JJ

No comments: