Saturday, August 02, 2008

Great Glen Trail Summer Series Race #4

Tuesday night was the 4th race of the 8 week Summer Series at Great Glen Trails. I had talked with DEA a couple days before hand about what bike he was riding and he had said he was running his singlespeed for the race to get ready for the 24HR race on the 9th & 10th of August. It sounded like a good idea to me so I brought my El Mariachi up for the race and left the geared bike at home (in pieces hanging on the work stand).


When I arrived I decided to take a warmup lap and I was feeling pretty solid. I did not see DEA but his car was in the lot. I asked the starter and was told that he was out on course already.

I decided to head out while I was still warm and got ready to go.


I was running a 32x20 setup and it wasn't long before I was spun out. I knew there would soon be places where I would be happy I had it. Overall I felt pretty good for the race lap and came across the line happy with the ride. I finished the lap in 24:14 mins, which was good enough for 4th place in my division, only a few seonds out of third. One nice thing was that I had the fastest singlespeed time of the night. Gotta take whatever small victory I can. Our team for the race ended up placing second for the night.


Garmin Edge Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 1:02:33
7:05 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 0:53:32
6:04 pace
Distance (mi ) 8.82
Moving Speed (mph) 9.9 avg. 44.7 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,228 / -1,242

Avg. Heart Rate
154 bpm
Zone 4.2

Temperature (°F)
48.2°F avg.
48.2°F high
Wind Speed ( mph)
W 37.6 avg.
W 39.1 max.


Good night of racing at Great Glen. One more race til the

24 Hrs of Great Glen this coming weekend. Not sure I'm ready, actually pretty sure I'm not ready. Oh well, its just pain.

JJ

No comments: