Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Late night TWAF spin

DEA, A1 and I got out for a nice spin in the dark. Pretty good pace considering until near the end when A1 decides to go for a town line about a mile away and we lost sight of him for about 5 minutes as we just rolled along wondering when he was going to come out of the shadows and scare the crap out of us. He went hard and dusted us easy. Kudos to him.

Garmin Edge 305 Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 1:32:44 6:32 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:29:15 6:18 pace
Distance (mi ) 14.16
Moving Speed (mph) 9.5 avg. 25.3 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,013 / -1,014

Avg. Heart Rate 143 bpm Zone 3.7


SO I am signed up for my first race of the season, which was DEA's idea. Needless to say he is not doing it but I am. It is The Orchard Assault Mountain Bike Race Presented by UMass Bike Racing Club, Amherst, MA, Saturday, May 05, 2007.

I'm registered in the SingleSpeed/Open Cat. so that should be interesting as I am usually a Sport class rider.

Hopefully I'll get some pics from the race and represent Team Bikeman.com well, or at least not cause too much embarrassment.

JJ

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

don't ya just love it when someone else talks you into doing something like that race? it'll be great! have fun!