Monday, November 26, 2007

Holiday Gut Begins

Thanksgiving has come and gone, hopefully everyone out there had a great holiday filled with good eats. My last ride or any form of exercise took place on Thanksgiving morning when I got out for about an hour spine on the cross bike.

Since then it's been a lot of eating followed by what I can only describe as a large parasite of some sort living in my gut. Of course that is completely made up, but it sounds much more interesting and creates a fairly vivid picture without me having to go into the gory details.

I'm getting back to a good place, might even try to ride the trainer tonight- but I thought it interesting that upon the start of the "Get Fat" season I would get struck by something that has kept me from exercising (but of course it has also kept me from eating so that's good).

The tough thing will be for the next five plus weeks trying to keep some sort of cardio work going and keep my eyes in line with the goal of not looking like LeMond once he hung up his cleats.

What else can I tell you? Not much. Astana will be riding with SRAM Red next year- hmmmm- if they end up on Trek frames does that mean Trek will speck their "team issue" with SRAM Red- I would guess so. Kinda cool.

later

DEA

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

i can't believe that it's "trainer time" again already....

the summer was good and didn't feel rushed, but it's too soon for winter. how did that happen?