Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Yup it's winter

The commute into work was a little chilly this morning, but not terrible. The biggest issue was the freezing eyeballs. It made me think of the old Oakley Eyeshades, I'm going to have to see if I can find a pair of those. I think the pair I had is still at my folks house but if I remeber correctly both temples are busted- hmmmmmm.

It's December 6th and I feel like it's late October. I haven't started any holiday shopping, haven't skied, haven't started freaking out about the lack of snow, haven't even gotten in touch with Atomic for my new XC skis- damn if I don't hurry up I'm gonna miss out!

I guess the upside is that I'm not freaking about skiing, the bad news is that it hasn't felt enough like winter for me to even think about freaking, does that make any sense?

Today was the first really cold day, and it wasn't even really that cold, lower 20's I think. This time of year my co-workers talk about being "crazy" to ride in, yet in January I'll be a wimp if I don't ride in on those days when temps are in the 20's- amazing how we get used to the cold!

Anyone looking for a gift idea for me- a pair of winter riding shoes, such as these Lake winter shoes size 43 will work just fine!

Now I need to find my Swix lobster claw gloves so I can chuck the duct tape monsters I'm using right now. A1 is looking at pogies- scroll through this page

That's it on my end. I hope everyone is finding reasons to get out and ride. TWAF needs to come up with our next big race! Oh and anyone looking for the original TWAF t-shirt as the ultimate holiday gift just drop us a line! $15 for one or $25 for 2- how can you go wrong!

DEA

No comments: