Monday, September 11, 2006

I got bit

So for the past couple weeks (almost sounds like a long time) I have been resistant to the idea of a Singlespeed or a 29er for that matter, let a lone a SS 29er. Well I was able to score one at a pretty good price and am now the owner of a Redline Monocog 29er.




Picked it up at a clandestine meeting with a guy at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Went to the store for some baby wipes and came home with another bike. Once I got it home my wife called DEA properly blaming him for my latest purchase. He and I planned a night ride last night and it was a blast. Now the Mono is fully ridged and so its quite a change from my Yeti, but it was a fun and pretty fast ride. I rode it into work this AM hoping to meet up with DEA but it was not in the cards. I could see his tracks on the trail but there was no catching him. One thing I know is the 20 tooth cog on the back is nice for singletrack, but on the Pave it's hard to ride faster than about 15 mph. Maybe a 19 or 18 is in the cards.

JJ on his SS

No comments: