Friday, October 27, 2006

Switching Gears

I woke up a 4:30 am with the intention of heading up to Wildcat to hike up the snowline and make a few turns on the Belugas. The issue was I would be going up solo on a bum ankle for the first turns of the year on gear that would force me to ski smooth, hmmm ten years ago it would have been a no brainer- but now I'm getting older and maybe wiser? Who knows- anyway I choose to not put myself into a situation where if I got hurt I'd be on my own and deserved of ridicule. Instead I went back to sleep and then had a very tough time waking up at 7am.

Here's a look over at Washington from Wildcat this AM:



Tomorrow we have plans to go out for a good ride in the AM before the weather gets really nasty. Of course if we wait for the nasty weather then we can claim Epic status. Of course we all know JJ doens't like to get his Yeti wet!

A1 is now talking about skipping buying a bike this fall and trying to talk TWAF into racing RAAM as a team- LOL, now that is funny. Good luck with that A1.

Third race of the GGTOC CX series is Sunday, then next week we've got Porky Gulch- should be fun! GGTOC- host of Porky Gulch

That does it this morning- get out and ride!


DEA

No comments: