Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Vacation time

Just as the summer racing season is getting under way I am going on vacation for 11 days to the wonderful island of St. Martin.



I am sort of concerned about being off the bike for that long of a period, but I have ridden the last 8 consecutive days and am feeling like I am in need of a bit of rest.

I took a shot at riding up the Red Tail trail yesterday afternoon. Wow that was killer. It was mid 80's and I rode til the guy I was with didn't want to go up anymore. It was tough relentless climbing and we ended up with about 1,000 feet of climbing.

This afternoon I hit the road for a little over an hour and did another 1,000 feet of climbing over about 20 miles or so. It was a nice ride that I took easy in sections and pushed in others. Might try to get out real early tomorrow morning before work for one last spin before we leave for the islands and much needed R & R.

Have a good one all and I'll see ya in a couple weeks. Good luck to TWAF at the first Red Jersey race as well. Wish I was going to be there.

JJ

No comments: