Tuesday, February 27, 2007

a chilly one

I talked with DEA last night about riding in to work together this AM, but we didn't meet up and each came in on our own. One thing we did agree on was that it was cold. I saw the temp at 14 when I set out. I was dressed ok, but not great. My new Pearl Izumi Gavia plus tights were good, but I think I was below the temp rating for them. Could have used some knee warmers as well. Hands were kinda chilly too in the lobster claws. I skipped the Am-fib booties and went for the thicker ones but after about 40 mins at these temps they are pretty much past their ability to keep your toes warm. To make it even tougher, I have decided to try to get a good base in before I do any intense trainig and am trying to keep my heart rate below 140 until I have that base in. I am finding it much more difficult keeping wark if I am not working that hard. Life is rough, but at least at these temps there is still the good freak factor as lots of people see you and shake tehir heads at you for being out there at all.

See ya on the roads

JJ

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

oh yeah! the freak factor is always priceless....

peace out, yo!