Monday, February 12, 2007

Ouch

As DEA mentioned he met me at 6am for a leg workout. DEA is getting stronger and it'll be interesting to see what it does for his speed and power, he was alreadly fast so we'll see. Kind of a funny workout, both of us felt like we weren't into it but I think we're just getting into a good routine so it's easier.

Decided to head out for a ride around 9:45, since the temps are slightly warmer. Up over Davis to Gulf. To the top of Gulf and turned around and came down Gulf to Mill Street to Old Mill and home. Davis was fine but when I hit Gulf road the legs from the morning lifting and the fact that I haven't ridden in a few weeks was kicking my ass. First few pitches and I knew I would struggle on the long climb. Got to the top and was glad the climbing, except for a few rollers out, was over.

This was the 3rd or 4th ride on the SS and first real climbing. I gotta say I'm liking it. Forces you to keep going hard and not opt for an easier gear, the only easier gear would be to walk. Liking the 29 inch wheels too, seems to roll decent.

That's it for now, time for a coffee.

A1

No comments: