Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Being Sick Sucks

I've been enjoying the Flu (or at least that's what I think it is) for the last five days, and it's not that much fun. Last Friday was day one and I just felt stiff and sluggish and my head was a little funky. By Friday night I was starting to feel a bit feverish, but I had to host the Live Show on Sat morning so I was trying to just get through that. I made it through the show without fully losing it and then proceeded to spend the next 36 hours mainly in bed going from uncontrollable shivering to tropical rain forest type sweating and back. Super fun. Monday I had to go to Mt. Sunapee for a pitch, left the house at 6:30 am and got home at 9pm- felt pretty wiped. Then yesterday I had a meeting over in Vermont so I spent another four+ hours in the car. Today we had meisters so I got out and made my race run and then three others just to see how my body would hold together. It's amazing how good it can feel to do something after being a blob for about four days. The only downside was all the chunking of my lungs that would take place each time up the lift.

I realize I'm bitching and moaning about being sick, so not to much fun to read- sorry about that.

On a good note I saw that ASO and UCI agreed to get back to racing. I feel bad for the Unibet.com team, they're getting screwed on this whole thing. The reason being given about some French law and advertising betting is such a joke when ASO has made a ton of money from PMU, Lotto, and FDJ. I love France and have good friends in that country- but they're way of thinking sometimes is just off. Of course they say the same thing about us (like why do we work more the 35 hours a week- good question!).

Either way I'm glad to see Paris-Nice will take place, it would have been a major bummer to see that and other ASO events not have the big teams present. Can you imagine Paris-Roubaix not having Boonen, Bettini, or any of the other instigators on the start line.

Enought out of me, time for Theraflu.

later,

DEA

No comments: