Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm back

It's good to be home. For those who don't know I've been in Northern NH (Coleman State Park) at the Snodeo for the past 7 days. The Snodeo is a 2 day event where the snowmobile manufacturers display the 2008 models. Lots of new cool things, especially the trike that Can Am unveiled for the first time, this one had two wheels up front and one in the rear. Anywho, we set 6 tents for the event. We finished setting up Tuesday morning (event was Friday and Saturday) then spent Wednesday and Thursday getting tables and heaters set up for the vendors. Beautiful weather all week then we heard of the snow moving in Thursday night. Oh well we can handle snow, just makes for a lot of raking it off the tents, no big deal. So Thursday night I go up to the park where the event is at 11:00 pm since the snow is starting sometime after midnight. Put the seat back in the truck and try to relax, then at 2am the wind starts blowing. Wind, cold, snow and darkness mean trouble for tents. For the next 18 hours the wind blew a sustained 60mph. We hustled all night and day and the next night to keep them tied down. We were fortunate they all stayed in place, with a lot of work. So I'm glad to be home, I think for the entire week I got between 15-18 hours of sleep as it requires lots of babysitting of the tents in winter conditions. I look at it as sleep deprivation training for 24 hour races. The event went off fine besides the wind, no one got hurt and we've already been contracted to do it again next year. Good times. Here's a few pics from the event although, these were taken a few days before the event. Six tents we set up, for every pin we put in we had to drill a hole using a 18 inch long bit that was 1 inch wide, then drive them in with 16lb sledge hammers, again training for this season right.




For the week I saw 2 moose, 4 deer, 8 fox, 4 raccoon, and 4 turkeys.

This week I have a rental at Downeast Bike, hmm maybe I'll trade that one. Then next week it's off to Rangely, ME to Saddleback Mtn. for 4 days of tent pleasure. Hoping the weather is better.

Looks like a nice weekend shaping up, any thoughts on a ride.

A1 tired SOB.

5 comments:

Dennis said...

where's the pics?

mikeyd said...

I'll be in the area for Downeast, mostly because I live here, and would be up for a ride depending on time and such...

weak and feeble said...

We're always up for a ride. Just drop us a line.

mikeyd said...

I don't know which member of the team, wrote that last comment, but Sven has all of my contact info, I can ride pretty much any time Saturday. Let's figure something out. It might warm up and actually be a nice day.

bluecolnago said...

oh yes! the buffalo theory! that cliff was one smart guy! :)

peace out, yo!