Saturday, April 21, 2007

Customization in progress

Well I started the conversion of the El Mariachi to a SS. Pulled off the rear der. and Sram shifter. Put on a nice new Surley 20T cog and new chain and its ready to go.



I also took the very nice Salsa bar off and replaced it with a funky On One Mary Bar. I then put my Ergon grips on. It does look pretty unconventional, but that is fitting with the whole bike.

The trails around here are all still very wet and some still have snow covering them so all the riding I have been able to do so far has been on pave. Oh well it will come.



DEA's youngster had a birthday party today at McDonalds but I was able to get a hall pass and went for a ride instead. I got a text message while riding from him saying bad things as he and A1 were rolling around in the ball crawl together eating their Happy Meals. I did a nice 27 mile loop and pushed pretty good.
Garmin Edge Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 1:28:54 3:17 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:27:32 3:14 pace
Distance (mi ) 27.06
Moving Speed (mph) 18.5 avg. 34.2 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,659 / -1,655

Avg. Heart Rate 158 bpm Zone 4.6

Temperature (°F) 71.6°F avg. 71.6°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) SE 9.2 avg. SE 10.4 max.



Hope to get out together with TWAF tomorrow and hit the roads for a spin.

JJ

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

the singletrack around here that isn't under water is starting to really shape up.

that is one sweet looking salsa!

weak and feeble said...

Where were you holding the camera for the road bike shot? It's a disturbing POV.

later,

DEA