Tuesday, April 24, 2007

improvement

New England has seen a drastic improvement in the last week. We went from a deadly Nor'easter to temps in the 70's and 80's with plenty of sunshine. Can't complain about that!

On Friday I got out with Michelin Mike after work, we spun up to Thorne and back down into town, a short but punchy ride. He's got some power and on the flats it was fun to sit behind him and just get sucked along. It'll be fun to get him out with TWAF on some longer rides both in the dirt and on the pavement. Saturday didn't see much riding action, I did get Abe's brakes installed, my new chainring for the SS installed, and got out for a test spin (still have some work dialing in the brakes). Then the rest of the day was spent at a birthday party for my youngest (A1 was there as were JJ's kids and wife- but he had scored a hall pass and was out for a ride). Sunday I snuck out for a couple hours, spent the first hour with JJ and then the second was solo. Felt pretty good. Then the past couple of days I've been able to commute so since Friday I've picked up about 6.5 hours of saddle time. I'd love more but it's a start!

Team Bikeman clothing should arrive tomorrow (UPS sent it to MA first so it's running a day late). I'm excited to see it.

That's it at the moment.

Ride on.


DEA

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

we now have rain. cold, nasty rain. everything is wet, but greening. i want to ride.

peace out, yo!