Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunday Ride & Monday Commute

DEA and I got out for a short ride (shorter for me) on Sunday morning and tackled a few hills getting ready for Crank the Kanc Hillclimb TTT coming up on May 19. It was nice and as usual DEA got all the lines without much trouble. I have realized that I might have a flaw in my riding/sprinting technique. Apparently when I stand up I slow down and when I sit back down I accelerate. Sorta makes my sprints for lines somewhat counterproductive when I try to stand and sprint with the fast guys. I basically become slower and an obsticle should anyone be behind me. I guess I need to work on that minor issue. Well here's the nmbers from Sunday

Garnim Edge Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 1:20:50 3:53 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:20:02 3:51 pace
Distance (mi ) 20.77
Moving Speed (mph) 15.6 avg. 38.9 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,862 / -1,981

Avg. Heart Rate 139 bpm Zone 3.5

Temperature (°F) 61.4°F avg. 64.4°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) NNE 1.5 avg. NNE 4.6 max.


I rode in to work this morning and was all ready to ride home the normal (shortest)way when at 3:40PM I was reminded of a PT appointment for my shoulder. I quickly donned the lycra and hit the road to MCPT for some shoulder therapy. I got done about 5PM and called DEA to see if he wanted to meet up for the ride home. We ended up meeting basically back at my office and then began the ride home from there. We kept a pretty nice pace and it was a good ride. I need to work on my drive train as it's really f'd up right now. Either way I ended up getting a nice 30+ miles today and that makes a nice even 80 miles over the last 3 days. Guess the miles are coming. Just would like to see some dirt soon.

Garmin Edge Summary Data
Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:44:25 3:18 pace
Distance (mi ) 31.53
Moving Speed (mph) 18.1 avg. 35.0 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,992 / -1,989
Avg. Heart Rate 141 bpm Zone 3.5
Temperature (°F) 79°F avg. 84.2°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) S 7.3 avg. S 12.6 max.


No commute tomorrow as I have to head to Manchester to Fed. Ct for a couple hearings. Yipee. Maybe I can sneak in a ride after work. We'll see.

JJ

No comments: