Monday, April 16, 2007

Wet

I'm glad we got out yesterday morning for a ride as the weather is just a big bag of suck right now. But if anyone want's to come over and go for a swim in my basement later on today it should be good and full. Ahhh the joys of home ownership.

It felt good to get out yesterday. I'm way behind the eight ball right now and need to step up my game if I want to have any chance of staying on JJ and A1's wheel at Crank the Kanc. At this point I'll be taking 20 second pulls while they're taking 2 minute pulls. Yikes.

The Salsa El Mariachi is all built up and looking pretty. It needs a shake down cruise and some work on position, maybe I can do that later in the week. I be honest I'd like to take it out on a dry day for its virgin voyage. I haven't even started working on the road bike yet. Maybe I'll start this week. The Cannondale is still treating me well and with this crap weather I'm not so keen to take a brandy new road frame out for torture, especially a steel frame with the salt that is still on the roads.

I didn't see it (maybe I'll connect with JJ and watch it at his house) but read about Stuart pulling off the PRB win- makeing it two years in a row for CSC. That's a race I'd love to see in person. It was interesting thinking of the weather they were having- 80+ degrees. Maybe they can ship that over this way with a case of good red wine.

That's it at the moment.

Stay dry out there!

DEA

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

yeah, o'grady came out of nowhere and tore it up. they were still talking about boom boom bridging the gap before they even noticed o'grady out in front. great race!

peace out, yo!